- Do we need to make a reservation to come to the farm?
Yes. This season, due to Covid, we must limit the number of visitors at any one time. Making a reservation is easy – just go to the “Reservations” page. If you arrive without a reservation, there’s a good chance we won’t have room for you at that moment.
– And when you reserve a time for your family, you can reserve a tree at the same time!
- Do we cut our own tree – or do you have trees already cut for us?
Either way! Most of our visitors come for the experience of cutting a tree from the field, but others prefer to select one of our fresh-cut trees from the rack outside the Christmas Barn.
- Do we need to bring our own saw to cut down a tree?
We lend you one of our bow saws. You can bring your own hand saw if you like, but insurance rules prohibit our visitors from using power saws at the Farm.
- How will we get our tree in from the field?
We offer the use of one of our sleds. If you’d like help with cutting a tree or bringing it in from the field, we’re happy to – just ask!
- Will you shake and bale our tree?
Yes. Included in the price of your tree is shaking (to get rid of any dead grass or twigs) and baling with twine (to wrap your tree tightly for the trip home).
- Do we need to bring rope to tie our tree on the car?
Also included in the price of your tree is car-tying twine, or you can bring your own too. If you’d like help tying on, we’re happy to – just ask!
- Do you have restrooms at the Farm?
Unfortunately, because of Coronavirus safety restrictions, we cannot offer portable toilets this year. Hopefully they’ll be back next year.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash and major credit & debit cards, but not personal checks. Please note we are required to collect NYS sales tax on all items.
- Can we bring our dogs?
Unfortunately, no. To ensure a safe, calm, and sanitary environment for all our guests, we ask that you leave your dog at home. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.