New COVID Guidelines for Your Visit to the Farm
We’re looking forward to seeing you soon to help continue your family Christmas tradition! What’s new this year is an emphasis on health safety, so due to NYS requirements, we will need to follow a few new procedures this season.
Getting your Christmas Tree at the farm is Covid-safe to begin with because:
- It’s an outdoor activity in the sunshine and fresh air
- Our tree rows are 9 feet apart, and our trees generally 6 feet apart in the rows
- Our trees are spread out all over the field
To make your visit even more safe, this year’s new procedures are:
- We will use a reservation system. This will assure that we will:
- have fewer visitors per hour
- be open more days than last year
- have a parking spot for you
- have a tree for you
- We ask you not to bring anyone in your party who has a temperature, or has had contact with anyone with Covid within 14 days of your visit.
- All staff will wear masks
- All adult visitors will be asked to wear a mask
- Everyone – staff and visitors – will be asked to practice social distancing
- Our field staff will regularly sanitize all handsaw handles
- Our barn cashier will always be wearing gloves
- We ask you to pay by credit card, rather than cash, if possible
A few additional changes for your safety will be:
- There will be no free hot mulled cider in the barn – hopefully back again next year!
- There will be no portable toilet provided – also hopefully back again next year!
The most important thing you can do now is make a reservation! Please see the “Reservation” page on our website to learn how to do that. We will have a limit of 350 trees that can be sustainably harvested from the field; and will have 70 precut trees available by the barn. Once they’re all reserved, that’s all we have!
What will not change is continuing that wonderful Christmas tradition – coming to the farm to get your tree! The Christmas barn will still have great gift items like honey made on the farm, fresh decorated wreaths, maple syrup, balsam pillows, handmade soaps, and of course, our unique annual Boulder Brook Farm tree ornament.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation,
The whole Brooks family and staff at Boulder Brook Farm